Virus Removed All Programs
If you Google’d the title of this blog, you are more the likely searching for a fix for your virus as you are a victim of a virus attack no doubt. You are maybe on another computer at your house or searching from your smartphone. We are guessing you are the type that wants to fix it yourself and we know you folks are out there, so we are here to help. Many of our readers will not want to try anything on their own, some will work for hours on their computer before giving up.
Few tips for those that Google until they give up (aka…the Google tech, YOU!):
Google is a great search tool, no question. Be careful of searching for repair tactics to do yourself, sometimes the instructions are a bit tougher for you to follow if you are not technically minded. I say this because we have many clients who have tried to remove their own viruses and make it overall…worse for us to repair. Let’s make it easier for us to repair and help you learn a bit about viruses and save yout time and money. How do we make money? By helping our social network learn and share this information with their not so technical friends who don’t want to remove the virus themselves (and that will call us!). So please remember to share this blog if you find it of value. We appreciate your support!
We are getting many calls from people in regards to the new virus that is out, that is striking hard and quick and destroying fast…and getting through just about every antivirus program out there (of course, we know the product we support is much better!). This blog will help you learn how to back out of the attack, then get good support and protection You might want to print this blog as you will not be able to use your internet after you’ve been attacked. Follow these instructions and you should be in a better position with your virus. If you are NOT comfortable doing these instructions on your own, feel free to call us at 405-367-9090
- Turn off your computer the minute you notice you have been attacked
- Turn on the power and then immediately start tapping your F8 key fast and keep tapping until you see “Advanced boot options”
- Click on “safe mode”
- You will see your computer go through some dark lines of code, and eventually up up showing your desktop. Be warned, the text and icons will be large.
- Go to your start menu icon (lower left corner of your computer) and find “search” (you may only have two choices, search and run). So far, the virus has not attacked the search options (yay!) . If you are using Windows XP, it should be a choice that you will see and it should still work. If you are using Vista or Windows 7, you should see your search area right above the “start icon” (lower left hand corner, should be a circle”. (see pic below).
- Search for “system restore”
(XP pic coming later today)
- A system restore wizard box will pop up. Once you start the system restore wizard, it will give you options with what date you can restore your computer to.
- Usually you want to select a restore point that is from before the day (or many days before) your computer was infected.
- The system restore wizard is only a few boxes and will start once you get it going. Your computer will shut down and then take a few minutes and come back up.
- If after your system restore is done and you see all of your icons again, you are not out of the water!!! Don’t think your system is virus free, what we basically did was do a “time machine” effect on the computer and set it back, but the virus may still be in there, just dormant, or hadn’t destructed the computer yet (you haven’t clicked on anything to cause it to start destroying). Missing icons on a computer is what the virus did to your computer = destruction!
- At this point, see if your internet works. You can try to run your virus programs and see if you have any viruses, but I will let you know…that it’s a good idea to look into stronger protection other than what you already have for antivirus, becuase it didn’t really work very well did it? Nope!
- Keep your antivirus up to date and paid for
- Update your “Java” on your computer (the viruses are getting in via this program on occasion)
- Keep in mind, this is a helpful blog. We are not responsible if this time machine effort does not fix your computer or made it worse. We have found it works on many computers we have done a system restore on.
- Friendly reminder…back up your data if it’s important to you. We are not responsible for your data loss if you attempt the system restore and it fails.
Key search words:
- All my programs are gone
- My programs are missing
- Where are my programs
- My desktop icons are missing
- All my stuff is missing
- I can’t get on the internet
- Where is my internet
- Virus removed all programs
- virus removed all my files
- virus removed all my icons
- virus removed all start menu shortcuts
- virus removed all desktop icons
- virus removed all shortcuts